Many times I look at my mum with great admiration. I feel she has accomplished a lot as woman it terms of raising up and serving her husband and children. She is not perfect but the Lord has given her wisdom. There are some outstanding reasons why I want to be like her, when I grow up. 🙂
- She is industrious and diligent. She will always find something to do even when there is evidently no work in the house. She would rather take a walk to the shamba and check how the crops are doing even if she was there yesterday. Then she’ll come back with something like sweet-potatoes for us. She also takes her time in doing her tasks.
- She is our best friend. A while ago she went visiting her mum and for once I wished I wasn’t home. Everyone wore a long face. We would go to bed by 8 p.m and there were no conversations happening. Even dad felt devastated. We would call her during the day and literally cry telling her we missed her. Her funny jokes and friendliness is a spice to our life and has created a very friendly environment at home.
- She is a prayerful and devoted christian. Sometimes when am beaten and harassed by life the thought of someone who devotedly prays for me charges me up. She will wake up and before she starts her chores she starts praying for each of us. She also ensures that we always do our family evening devotion and pray. I credit my spiritual foundation to her. She faithfully brought her kids up in the ways of the Lord and even when we’ve grown up we haven’t departed from those ways.
- She is wise. I would refer to her as one of the most wise women I’ve seen. This is evident especially in her relationships with people. In her anger she doesn’t speak. Her advises are quite sound. Her rebukes are sharp but full of love. She has known how to handle the challenges in marriage and has been quite a helpmate to dad. She makes right decisions.
- She is a mother to many. Am moved at how she gives herself to the needs of even those who are not her flesh and blood. One day I wish to fulfill her wish of taking care for the motherless and those in need.
In these and many other ways I admire this woman. Like the Proverbs 31 woman as her kids we rise up and call her blessed. Her husband also praises her. She is among the women of God I’ve met and I want to emulate.